Wow! I feel so honoured to be nominated for not just one award but two by the same person. I must say a huge thank you to the wonderful Tasha (great name by the way :D) over at foodashion.com who was kind enough to nominate me for both the Versatile Blogger and Inspiring Blogger awards! Tasha is a vegetarian and so, for me, it’s a good source of recipes when I need a tasty vegetarian meal. Check out the recipe for the Perfect Portabello Mushroom Sandwich, it’s so delicious!
Now comes the hard part. I have to share seven things about myself. So here goes.
- I don’t like seafood. It’s something about the fishy taste and mostly the look of it that puts me off. I can eat meaty types of fish like salmon and haddock but anything that tastes a bit fishy is off the menu for me.
- I eat chocolate fingers by biting off each end then sucking up hot chocolate using the finger like a straw. If you like dunking biscuits you must try this!
- I have a recipe addiction. I honestly think it may be becoming a problem. If I’m not stumbling through food blogs then I’m re-reading my well thumbed cookbooks and food magazines. I sometimes buy a new cookbook twice a month. We’re running out of space on the bookshelf!
- Beer is my alcohol of choice though I barely ever drink. I like wine and other drinks sometimes but I love the savoury taste of a good beer.
- I study Psychology but I can’t read your mind you wouldn’t believe how many people ask :P
- The farthest I’ve travelled is Paris. It was for a school trip and my friends and I blew bubbles off the top of the Eiffel Tower :)
- I want to open a café in the highlands some day.
Ok so I’m changing the rules a little bit. I’m going to nominate 5 bloggers for both of these awards as I feel they deserve both as well. In no particular order these are the 5 blogs I think deserve both these awards
Versatile blogger and Inspiring blogger award
Bish’s Dishes -Some excellent recipes as well as food and tales from her travels
Just a Smidgen -Beautiful recipes, pictures and writing
A Frog at Large – I love this blog, her posts are always thoughtful and amusing
The Smart Cookie Cook – Wonderful recipes and pictures as well as a few videos. This is a great site for when you’re stuck for ideas on what to have but you know you want something indulgent and yummy!
The Basic Rules
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Choose your nominees (at least 5). (It’s up to you whether you wish to give both awards or just one or the other)
- Comment on your nominees blogs to let them know they’ve been nominated
Once again thank you to Tasha at Foodashion.com :)